66 shades of grey

66 shades of grey
66 shades of grey ... this pic of me was shot by Kim, of Kim Thomsen's Photography at Daly Waters in the Northern Territory. Kim just wandered over and asked whether it was OK to get some character shots.

cross

cross
The cross is in front of the church in Karumba and it seems TV antennas have a greater reach for the sky.

Shark

Shark
I went fishing out of Nhulunbuy on the Gulf of Carpentaria. We anchored in a bay about 10 hours from Nhulunbuy and went ashore. This poor fella had been snared in the locals' overnight net and then had a run-in with the resident 14-foot saltwater croc - named Nike by the local indigenous fellas - and came off second best.

the rock

the rock
Uluru

oodnadatta track

oodnadatta track
What a tough place to live ... this is out on the Oodnadatta Track

ME IN A NUTSHELL

My photo
G’day, I’m Michael and I have two fantastic grown-up kids. I’m a jeans and singlet/T-shirt, cowboy boot, tattoos sort of fella, who knows a bit about this and sometimes a lot about that. I'll have a crack at most things, although having a relationship? ... well that ship has sailed. I'm past my use-by date anyway, so I'm gonna make it all about me and surviving life as I know it ... or make it.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ah, the good life ... and then some

I just had a call from my son, Liam, in Vanuatu. He lives in Port Vila, but for a few days he and his girlfriend, Dan, are on Espiritu Santo.
“Reckon we live on the wrong island,” he said. “This place is unbelievable.
“We went to Champagne Beach (which is supposed to be in the world’s top 10 beaches), but we’ve found a better one. Port Olry.
“Lunch on the beach today is, and get this, it’s 20 bucks a head, a lobster, a coconut crab, some other crabs and fish. Seriously, 20 bucks a head and it includes cold beers.”
Yeah, thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment