66 shades of grey

66 shades of grey
66 shades of grey ... this pic of me was shot by Kim, of Kim Thomsen's Photography at Daly Waters in the Northern Territory. Kim just wandered over and asked whether it was OK to get some character shots.

cross

cross
The cross is in front of the church in Karumba and it seems TV antennas have a greater reach for the sky.

Shark

Shark
I went fishing out of Nhulunbuy on the Gulf of Carpentaria. We anchored in a bay about 10 hours from Nhulunbuy and went ashore. This poor fella had been snared in the locals' overnight net and then had a run-in with the resident 14-foot saltwater croc - named Nike by the local indigenous fellas - and came off second best.

the rock

the rock
Uluru

oodnadatta track

oodnadatta track
What a tough place to live ... this is out on the Oodnadatta Track

ME IN A NUTSHELL

My photo
G’day, I’m Michael and I have two fantastic grown-up kids. I’m a jeans and singlet/T-shirt, cowboy boot, tattoos sort of fella, who knows a bit about this and sometimes a lot about that. I'll have a crack at most things, although having a relationship? ... well that ship has sailed. I'm past my use-by date anyway, so I'm gonna make it all about me and surviving life as I know it ... or make it.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The last post

For the second time in a few months, my email account has been blocked (from my access) and hacked. It cost me time and money (too much on both counts) to get it fixed.
It got me to thinking, enough is enough. A few years ago, I canned the internet at home and went without for six months … and I didn’t miss it.
This time, I’m not getting rid of the internet (OK I do have to check the lottery numbers), but I am putting a few things on ice (preferably Scotch, bourbon or some such), starting with Twitter (I gave up Facebook years ago and don’t miss it a jot) and this blog.
It’s been a bit of fun along the way, but I’m at that stage in life where I should be doing shit that’s less like work and more like the things I’ve been writing about.
It’s been a tough gig sometimes … I get very few comments or reactions (thanks to those who did take the time) and not so much as one offering of a contribution, maybe all tell-tale signs that what I’m writing isn’t of that much interest other than to me … and support from just a few friends in promoting it … thanks.
Thanks for reading the ramblings of a sometimes grumpy man … maybe down the track we’ll meet again on this site. Who knows?
Anyway, that’s it. I’m going for a drink. See ya.

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog, so I'll miss your updates. I get how you feel about people not commenting on it though. Feel the same about mine, except I have about 3 regular readers who regularly comment - and that's enough for me - one who writes through compulsion, not for money.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot for takinjg the time. i appreciate it. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete